Vera’s Top Tips for Looking Beautiful on Your Wedding Day + Win a New Mattress

Title: Vera Wang | XO, Vera | Vera’s Top Tips for Looking Beautiful on Your Wedding Day + Win a New Mattress
[ November 22, 2011 ]

[ planning ]
My Advice

Vera WangOn your wedding day, stay true to yourself. It may sound cliché, but brides look most radiant when they look natural. Use makeup to enhance your features, not to create a mask.

I recommend focusing on a skin-toned foundation to create an evenness and powder that reduces shine for photographs. Day or night, avoid brightly colored eye shadows or too elaborate an eye in general.

Hair, also, should not disguise you or succumb to current trends. An amazing haircut and great blow dry will always surpass any contrived hairstyle. Hair accessories can be beautiful if chosen carefully - they should never overpower you or your gown. -XO, Vera

[ celebrity ]
First Lady Fashion

Michelle Obama Vera WangThe President and Mrs. Obama attended the opening dinner of the APEC Leaders Summit in Hawaii on November 12th. For the formal event Vera Wang designed a custom dress for the First Lady. The knee-length charcoal and stone stretch faille dress featured a tulip-pink organza draped shoulder.

Read Vera's thoughts on designing for the First Lady and see her complete look here.

Earlier this year Vera was a guest at a State Dinner for President Hu Jintao of China. Click here to see what she wore and who else attended the White House event.

[ events ]
Bridal Trunk Show

Vera Wang Fall 2012 Bridal CollectionThe Fall 2012 Bridal Collection will be at the Vera Wang Bridal Salon on Madison Avenue through Saturday, November 26th for a special trunk show.  If you can't make it this weekend the new collection will be back at the New York City salon from December 22nd through January 7th.

To schedule an appointment for either event please call 212-628-3400.

Click here to view the Fall 2012 Bridal Collection.

[ ready to wear ]
Fall in Love with Resort 2012

Vera Wang Mercer Street Store

With the changing of the seasons, and the daily arrival of our Resort 2012 collection, we were inspired to give the store a makeover! Cool blues and vibrant shades of pink melt onto the racks with warm pebble gray complements. Exciting prints and silhouettes replace the muted palette of fall. Come visit the Mercer Street flagship and admire the museum like architecture and design, alongside perfectly curated racks of new merchandise.

Click here to preview the Resort 2012 collection.

Vera Wang Mercer
158 Mercer Street
New York City

[ online ]

Missed past newsletter editions? Check out the archive!

    Advertising
[ exclusive ]
Enter to Win

Vera Wang serta MattressGive yourself a wonderful gift this holiday season…a new mattress from the Vera Wang by Serta collection! Each mattress embodies a deep appreciation for style and an unwavering commitment to craftsmanship to provide maximum comfort and support. The winner of this giveaway can choose between a Queen or King size as well as the type of mattress: Plush, Firm, Pillow Top, Soft, etc. Please allow a minimum of three weeks for delivery. (Retail, $1,300)

Click here to e-mail your entry. Winner will be selected in a random drawing. You can only enter once per giveaway. You must enter before 5 p.m. ET on Monday, November 28, 2011. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older. We'll notify the winner by e-mail and you'll have 24 hours to respond. If we don't hear back, we'll pick a new winner. Click here for complete Official Rules.

Advertising
[ behind the dress ]
Dress Diary: Hayley

Vera Wang Spring 2012 Bridal HayleyIf there is any one dress in my Spring 2012 collection that epitomizes the pageantry of the Paris Opera, it’s Hayley. The centerpiece of this dress, for me, is the absolutely stunning, theatrical cascade of organza petals in the skirt, all cut from the most delicate tissue organza. They just float on the dress like a spilling bouquet. I did the petals in two tones: first, in a soft sand color, and then a nude, so it just gives you a complex tonality that’s a little more special.

For even more movement and excitement in the skirt, I’ve also used pleated honeycomb tulle—it gives you a whole other texture and volume underneath that petal effect. You almost picture Hayley swirling across the stage in a Degas painting.

The dropped-waist bodice features softly draped illusion organza over a corset. That transparency effect—that play between “reveal” and “conceal”—is one of my favorite techniques.

I've used all the textures in this dress, particularly in the petals, to...Read More

Browse the full Bridal Collection.

Contact a Bridal Consultant.

© 2011 Vera Wang   Privacy Policy
You are subscribed to XO, Vera as ledagroznaya@mail.ru. Click here to unsubscribe. Vera Wang | 225 West 39th Street, 9th Floor | New York, NY 10018

Информация предоставлена сайтом potupchik.com.